Skip directly to content

Bruno Mars Languages

DISCUSSION

• Bruno Mars Languages
    May 27 2012 / babybluzj2b
    babybluzj2b's picture

Since Bruno Mars is half Filipino and half Puerto Rican, does anyone know if he can speak, read, and write-understand Tagalog and Espanol/ Spanish? Obviously, he can speak English since he is from Hawaii and his songs are written in the English language.

It would be cool if he attempts to make a song or collaborate with a female Latina/ Hispanic artist like Jennifer Lopez or Shakira. I'm sure that would be a great collaboration.

Although I am a Filipina and partially Chinese, my parents never taught or used Tagalog around the house growing up. It was like a secret language until I started figuring out some words as I grew up and after visiting the Philippines in 1999 I became interested in learning it.

I would also suggest Bruno Mars to attempt Francis/ French. Having been born in Montreal, I lost the ability to speak that language after moving to the US in 1991. French isn't that bad to learn. Plus, he could reach out to more fans that way.

Anyway, please let me know if anyone of you know or agree with my suggestions. Thanks :)

babybluzj2b's picture
on May 27 2012

Since Bruno Mars is half Filipino and half Puerto Rican, does anyone know if he can speak, read, and write-understand Tagalog and Espanol/ Spanish? Obviously, he can speak English since he is from Hawaii and his songs are written in the English language.

It would be cool if he attempts to make a song or collaborate with a female Latina/ Hispanic artist like Jennifer Lopez or Shakira. I'm sure that would be a great collaboration.

Although I am a Filipina and partially Chinese, my parents never taught or used Tagalog around the house growing up. It was like a secret language until I started figuring out some words as I grew up and after visiting the Philippines in 1999 I became interested in learning it.

I would also suggest Bruno Mars to attempt Francis/ French. Having been born in Montreal, I lost the ability to speak that language after moving to the US in 1991. French isn't that bad to learn. Plus, he could reach out to more fans that way.

Anyway, please let me know if anyone of you know or agree with my suggestions. Thanks :)

Forum category: 
babybluzj2b's picture

Okay, thanks for letting me know

Whateva''s picture

I don;t think he speaks any other language but English because he was asked the same question in an interview and he said no