Skip directly to content

Bruno shows in Las Vegas NYE and 8 dates in 2014

DISCUSSION

• Bruno shows in Las Vegas NYE and 8 dates in 2014
    September 24 2013 / RaySinsay
    RaySinsay's picture

Bruno Mars opens new Chelsea on Dec. 29 and NYE to launch octet of shows at Cosmopolitan

By John Katsilometes

Tue, Sep 24, 2013 (10:12 a.m.)
    Saturday, Sept. 21, 2013.

Bruno Mars, who lit up the 2013 iHeartRadio Music Festival at MGM Grand Garden Arena on Saturday night and is to be the featured halftime entertainment at the Super Bowl in February, opens the new Chelsea at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas as part of the Strip venue's New Year’s Eve celebration.

Announced today by the hotel, Mars plays what will be a sparkling-new venue on Dec. 29 and Dec. 31 as part of an eight-show set of performances in 2014. Colleague Robin Leach first reported last week that the hotel was about to announce Mars as a recurring headliner.

The Grammy Award-winning artist and accomplished songwriter is back at the Cosmo from Feb. 15-16 (two weeks after his Super Bowl appearance), May 23-24 and Aug. 22-23. Tickets are $150 for the Dec. 29 and Dec. 31 shows and are on sale at 10 a.m. Friday through the Cosmopolitan website or by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Tickets for the other shows start at $95.

In August, Mars played a rollicking, sold-out show with his fiery backing band, The Hooligans, at Grand Garden Arena and has previously performed at Pearl Concert Theater in the Palms. In a news release, Mars said: “Me and The Hooligans are bringin' live music to the Cosmopolitan’s Chelsea on New Year's Eve. It'll be our first time, but not our last.”

In the same release, Cosmopolitan Chief Executive Officer John Unwin said: “Bruno Mars is a perfect fit for the Cosmopolitan, as he has a natural affinity for Las Vegas and is a true performer.”

Given Mars’ affection for grand staging and the use of inventive light and video technology (which he displayed most effectively on Saturday during his set-closing “Gorilla"), it will be interesting to see if the new venue, where the appeal is its very intimacy, can capture the grandeur of his live performances.

But the hotel, and Mars himself, seem confident that it can deliver a unique, high-powered and — most important — hot-selling show.

RaySinsay's picture
on September 24 2013

Bruno Mars opens new Chelsea on Dec. 29 and NYE to launch octet of shows at Cosmopolitan

By John Katsilometes

Tue, Sep 24, 2013 (10:12 a.m.)
Saturday, Sept. 21, 2013.

Bruno Mars, who lit up the 2013 iHeartRadio Music Festival at MGM Grand Garden Arena on Saturday night and is to be the featured halftime entertainment at the Super Bowl in February, opens the new Chelsea at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas as part of the Strip venue's New Year’s Eve celebration.

Announced today by the hotel, Mars plays what will be a sparkling-new venue on Dec. 29 and Dec. 31 as part of an eight-show set of performances in 2014. Colleague Robin Leach first reported last week that the hotel was about to announce Mars as a recurring headliner.

The Grammy Award-winning artist and accomplished songwriter is back at the Cosmo from Feb. 15-16 (two weeks after his Super Bowl appearance), May 23-24 and Aug. 22-23. Tickets are $150 for the Dec. 29 and Dec. 31 shows and are on sale at 10 a.m. Friday through the Cosmopolitan website or by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Tickets for the other shows start at $95.

In August, Mars played a rollicking, sold-out show with his fiery backing band, The Hooligans, at Grand Garden Arena and has previously performed at Pearl Concert Theater in the Palms. In a news release, Mars said: “Me and The Hooligans are bringin' live music to the Cosmopolitan’s Chelsea on New Year's Eve. It'll be our first time, but not our last.”

In the same release, Cosmopolitan Chief Executive Officer John Unwin said: “Bruno Mars is a perfect fit for the Cosmopolitan, as he has a natural affinity for Las Vegas and is a true performer.”

Given Mars’ affection for grand staging and the use of inventive light and video technology (which he displayed most effectively on Saturday during his set-closing “Gorilla"), it will be interesting to see if the new venue, where the appeal is its very intimacy, can capture the grandeur of his live performances.

But the hotel, and Mars himself, seem confident that it can deliver a unique, high-powered and — most important — hot-selling show.

Forum category: 
dgorgo's picture

Don't forget to keep voting for Bruno for Favorite Performer at the 2013 VMAs. He is currently in the lead and we want to keep him there. Sometimes, Lady Gaga seems to creep up right behind him and at one time was in the lead. I don't know when the voting ends, but I guess they will tell us.

jetsetter8's picture

I got a general admission ticket for May 23rd. I'll be going by myself. Is anyone else going that day? I'd love to meet up with others. I think it'd be more fun.

dgorgo's picture

I am going on May 24. I will also be going alone. It would have been nice to meet up with others.

jetsetter8's picture

I'll be there on the 24th also, but my mom will be going with me so we'll be sitting up in the last row of the gallery which was the only accessible seating I was able to get. I couldn't see going all the way to Vegas and not seeing the show both nights.

Susan777's picture

I purchased one ticket for Aug.22nd and Aug.23rd. I probably will be going with a friend to Vegas but I will attend the concerts alone. Did anyone hear if he is going to do shows in Hawaii?

dgorgo's picture

I guess I won't be going to any of the shows. I just talked to Ticketmaster and ALL shows are sold out!!! They sold out the minute they went on sale I understand!! I am devastated>

Susan777's picture

The concerts are months away, I bet someone will be selling their tickets for one reason or another, plus they did say that Bruno will be doing 40 more cities starting in June 2014. Maybe there will be one close to your home town.

dgorgo's picture

Hi Susan, I was able to purchase a ticket, but not through Ticketmaster because as I said, they were sold out. Another problem I had was trying to purchase just 1 ticket. I will be going to the show on May 24. I didn't want to take the chance that he would not be doing more shows in the U.S. If he does, I will go see him again. Are you going to both shows? the 23rd & 24th?? If so, good for you.

dgorgo's picture

Has he done any there yet? I would assume he will be since that is his home state, but I have not heard anything. I want to try and get tickets for either 5/23 or 5/24. Did you see the comment posted by one of the fans where she gave a link for Billboard and they were mentioning 40 shows next summer, but the dates and places are not yet known. What do you think about being in Vegas alone! I am only staying overnight and I understand that you don't even have to leave the Cosmopolitan Hotel to go to the Chelsea Room. I have so much to do and I guess I had better decide while tickets are still available for those dates. I also have to book a flight and a room!

dgorgo's picture

I was so hoping that he would be doing concerts in some of the other U.S. states again in 2014. I really did not want to travel to Vegas. does anyone know if Bruno has any plans for concerts in any of the other states? I am a little leery about being in Vegas by myself. Don't know how safe it will be. Besides, I will have to fly quite a distance.

Milk's picture

I heard a rumor he was doing shows next summer. Not sure so I am making the trip to Vegas. It far for me also from NJ. The tickets were much cheaper than his tour tickets

dgorgo's picture

I just checked with Ticketmaster and all tickets are sold out for all dates. They sold out as soon as they went on sale. the only thing he had was section 202, row 5. What do you think about being able to see the stage???

dgorgo's picture

The rumor you heard about Bruno doing shows next summer, was that about the 8 Vegas shows? If I could be sure he will be performing closer to where I live in the summer of 2014, I would wait, But, if he does not and I still have to travel, I might as well go to Vegas.

You said you thought the Vegas tickets were cheaper than the tour tickets? I think they are more. For General Admission, I am told they are $150 (someone told me $125) but I think they are wrong. And the other tickets are $95.00 each. I saw his show in North Carolina back in Aug. and the tickets were $65.00. But perhaps, the price differs as to what venue the concert is being held. Do you know?

Milk's picture

I paid $375 for 14th row in Nj and $425 per ticket for first row in Kentucky so the Vegas $150 was much cheaper for me

dgorgo's picture

Wow, that is a lot. I went to the North Carolina concert and paid $65.00;however, I was higher up but directly in line with the stage Had a very good view. The show was AWESOME.

Milk's picture

I had to pay $10 for the code. I was on a hunt for 3 days and just decided to pay a sit hoping it was real and it was I'm going on my b day 8/23. Went to NJ , Kentucky I had 1st row amazing experience and now Vegas GA hoping I get front again!

DomAllie's picture

Just got my tickets for Feb 15,2014! GA! I'm so excited!

dgorgo's picture

You are so lucky. I just called Ticketmaster and tickets for all shows are sold out. The only seat they have is section 202, row 5. What do you think about being able to see the stage

Milk's picture

Try again I was able to just get more

dgorgo's picture

Where did you purchase your ticket? Another problem I am having is that it is very difficult to purchase 1 ticket. And I did not want general admission.

Milk's picture

Ticketmaster they only have 2 in general admission but they just had 1 ticket in the seats row 1 seat 101 may still b there

dgorgo's picture

Hi, thanks for your reply. I was able to purchase a ticket but not from Ticketmaster. I had to go through a vender. These venders buy up so many tickets that there are none left for the fans to purchase directly through Ticketmaster. Anyhow, I am going to the concert scheduled for May 24. Can't wait.

TicketCrusader's picture

I found the presale password code and it's up on my website ticketcrusader.com for free - go get it!!

belleamor1's picture

thank you ticketcrusader... this is ridiculous that we have to hunt for it.

Susan777's picture

I just viewed the layout of the Chelsea venue and in the front it says general admission and in the back of this it looks like assigned seats. Does anyone know if it is standing only? I'm disabled so I won't be standing.

dgorgo's picture

I spoke with a rep from the Cosmopolitan and he told me that there are 4 rows of seats. So, you could purchase a ticket to be seated rather than to stand. If we order our tickets now for any of his 2014 concerts and if something happens that we can't go, will we get a refund? I don't want to go to the Dec 30 or 31 shows because of the holiday and it will be crazy in Vegas.

Susan777's picture

Dgorgo, Ticketmaster now has where if you can't go to an event, I don't know how it works, but you can resale the ticket through ticketmaster. But, Vegas is a nice place to visit. I went there alone in 1995, but I wasn't as disabled as now, but they have cameras everywhere. I'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble selling a ticket, but you could always buddy around with another fan.

dgorgo's picture

Yeh, I guess you are right. I don't know about re-selling a ticket through Ticketmaster. Thanks. I will have to look into that because they tell me that it is a non-refundable ticket.

dgorgo's picture

ANYONE ON HERE (not already participating) WANT TO TAKE PART IN BRUNO'S BIRTHDAY PROJECT. HIS BIRTHDAY IS OCT. 8. A VIDEO IS GOING TO BE MADE WITH FANS HOLDING A POSTER WISHING HIM A HAPPY BIRTHDAY. PLEASE GO TO THE DISCUSSION "BRUNO'S BIRTHDAY" UNDER THE CATEGORY "RANDOM TALK" AND THERE ARE COMMENTS ON THERE. HOWEVER, IF YOU GO TO THE DISCUSSION "INSTRUCTIONS FOR BRUNO'S BIRTHDAY' UNDER THE CATEGORY "RANDOM TALK" EVERYTHINNG YOU NEED TO KNOW IS POSTED ON THERE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST OF PARTICIPANTS, LET ME KNOW ON THE BRUNO'S BIRTHDAY PAGE.

DomAllie's picture

I called the venue yesterday and TM and they said I should get an email with a presage code since he's in my "favorites" on TM but I've yet to receive anything. I emailed live nation earlier (they sent a presale code just about two weeks ago for the jay z concert) so I figured I'd try that.

Pages